NorthWest Copper Provides Update on Exploration Plans
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NorthWest Copper Corp. (TSXV:NWST) ("NorthWest" or the "Company") is pleased to provide an update on its planned 2024 exploration program, which is designed to add value to its advanced projects as well as bring additional exploration prospects and targets to key decision points, to ensure a pipeline of high-quality drill ready targets for future growth. Following a strategic review, the Board and management concluded that the best way to unlock value in NorthWest's projects is through exploration and discovery, the core business of NorthWest.
On September 26, 2023 a new slate of Directors was elected to the Company's Board1. The Board of Directors is committed to addressing the concerns of shareholders and moving the Company forward in a responsible way that will create value for all rightsholders and stakeholders2. With its new Board of Directors and experienced management team, NorthWest is well positioned to execute on its renewed strategy which will include continued engagement and collaboration with First Nations. Specific work that is planned at the Company's properties in 2024, dependent on availability of funding and subject to final budget allocation, may include:
- Drill test high conviction copper-gold targets:
- Kwanika Transfer Target3, a potential offset of the Kwanika Central Zone4, that potentially represents high-grade near surface bulk-minable mineralization and is the highest priority target; and
- Kwanika Andesite Breccia Target, which follows up on a historical intersection of copper-gold mineralization north of the Central Zone that is open at depth and laterally.
- Refine the exploration and geology model for potential deep large-tonnage targets in both the Kwanika Central Zone and Kwanika South Zone, primarily by relogging selected historical drill holes to constrain structural controls on high-grade copper-gold mineralization.
- Advance targeting and evaluation of other targets proximal to the Kwanika mineral resources as well as regional exploration targets in the South Creek Zone and the Rottacker Zone5.
- Drill test high conviction copper-gold targets in the following prospects:
- Boundary Target6, which has a historical non-compliant resource7; and
- A suite of other targets that have historical data that show promising geological, geophysical and/or geochemical indications, including Ridge, Dave's Line, and Nova.
- Focus on evaluating regional prospects to advance them to critical decision points that could include bringing them to a drill ready stage. Planned work includes updating the property wide geological and exploration model, geological mapping, surface geochemistry and geophysical surveys.
North Omineca Projects (East Niv, Arjay, Croy-Bloom)
- At East Niv, complete geological mapping, induced polarization geophysical surveys, and geochemical sampling programs over the 4 by 5 km Southwest Target ...
Disclaimer: The views, recommendations, and opinions expressed in this content belong solely to the third-party experts. This site was not involved in the writing and production of this article.