Ending 2023 With A Bang – By Keith Wright, Founder and Managing Director of K Wright Consultancy, a procurement specialist firm.
United Kingdom, 3rd Dec 2023 – Are you winding down for Christmas or have you still got too much to do?
The year end can be a tricky period, especially if you’ve been hard at it for 11 months already.
So what’s the right balance? How do you ensure you end the year with a flourish?
For me, I think it’s important to remain professional, focussed and have a clear sense of purpose in that final push for the line. Here’s 5 things I’d recommend to finish the year strong.
- You’ll never get everything done so don’t try. Rather than attempt to tick everything off your “to-do list”, instead focus on ensuring that 80% of the big stuff is in a really good place. From a procurement perspective, whether you’re a manufacturer, merchant or distributor, this would typically mean ensuring your top deals are locked and loaded. Are your pricing agreements tied down? Do your forecasts look robust for Q1 at least? Is ranging and stock in a great place? Give yourself every chance to end the year strongly and fly into 2024.
- Take a day to reflect on the big ideas you had for 2023 – did they get delivered? Were they successful? Are there things you can action now that gets them into a better place and one that can make a positive impact into next year?
- Make 3 phone calls, and don’t over think the agenda. It could be reconnecting with a customer, a former boss, a mentor, a business associate. Give them a call and see what happens.
- Write down your big goals for next year, not everything, I mean the really big things you want to achieve. Then, plan your first day back, your first week and your first month – what are the top 2-3 things you’ll deliver in that time that aligns to your big goals?
- Finally, and most importantly, take a break and recharge. Spend time with friends and family and recharge those batteries. It’s so important for your physical and mental health that you look after yourself. You’ll come back stronger and raring to go again.
Remember, just because there aren’t many working days left in 2023, it doesn’t mean that’s an excuse to switch off and drift aimlessly into the New Year. Be disciplined, be focused, and be committed and finish the year as you mean to start the new one – professionally, positively and with purpose!
Keith Wright is an entrepreneur on a mission to positively impact the building materials industry.
Renowned for his strategic approach, he has saved millions of pounds throughout his 30+ year
career as a procurement expert and has no intention of stopping anytime soon.
Keith’s passion and focus on value creation has driven his success, continuously seeking
growth opportunities for his clients. As a trusted business consultant, he has collaborated with
multiple market-leading companies, developing tailor-made procurement solutions aligned with
their unique needs and goals.
In 2021, Keith founded K Wright Consultancy with a mission to share his procurement
knowledge and expertise with business owners, leaders, entrepreneurs, and investors serious
about taking their business to the next level. Within 2.5 years, his consultancy firm has
supported 26 organisations creating value in the multiple millions.
With a forthcoming book on procurement set to be published in 2024, Keith is passionate about
shedding light on this often overlooked area of value. While many may prioritise sales, Keith
emphasises the significance of a robust procurement strategy to ensure your business has both
happy customers and a happy team.
Organization: K Wright Consultancy
Contact Person: Media Relation
Email: Send Email
Country: United Kingdom
Release Id: 0312238125
The post Ending 2023 With A Bang – By Keith Wright, Founder and Managing Director of K Wright Consultancy, a procurement specialist firm. appeared first on King NewsWire. It is provided by a third-party content provider. King Newswire makes no warranties or representations in connection with it.
Disclaimer: The views, recommendations, and opinions expressed in this content belong solely to the third-party experts. This site was not involved in the writing and production of this article.